If you have been investigating ways to escape your job or supplement your income, it is quite likely that you have checked out the possibility of getting started with Amazon FBA.
It is also quite possible that you have been staggered by the amount of content there is on YouTube about the topic and the number of courses, but which one to choose?
In this Amazon FBA Ninja Review 2021, I will lay out what Kevin David is offering so you can decide if it could be a course for you.
(If you haven’t come across Amazon FBA before, check out my post What Is Amazon FBA About?)
If you are already an Amazon seller, be sure to check out their new digital tool, Sellerly to get an unfair advantage over the competition!
This is a long post. If you are serious about investigating Amazon FBA, grab yourself a cup of tea or coffee and read on or jump to any section with the links below.
Could you find this content on YouTube?
Why I decided against Amazon FBA
This site includes affiliate links – if you buy through my link I may get paid a commission but the price remains the same for you. Thank you for your support.
Amazon FBA Ninja Overview and Rankings
Name: Amazon FBA Ninja
Training Videos: 4.0 / 5.0
Suitability for newbies and experts: 4.5 / 5.0
Quality of actual instruction: 5/5
Price – $1,997
Overall ranking: 13.5 / 15
Comment: I would have scored this course higher but the content is not very well organized, otherwise it is an excellent course
Who is Kevin David?
I first followed Kevin David on YouTube a few years ago when I had decided to move on from MLM (after 10 years). He was very successful with Amazon FBA and had lots of great tips.
I really enjoyed his content, and while I decided that Amazon FBA was not for me, I respected his knowledge that obviously came from experience. He has since gone on to sell his Amazon FBA Ninja course very successfully.
There is a ton of content in this course which consists of 8 modules with many sub-modules within.
This module is about getting set up and laying the foundations. It covers some important but often overlooked elements to getting started with Amazon FBA, such as how to set up as an LLC (and consequently protect yourself from being sued) and setting up your account In Seller Central. It also includes:
- How to check for Trademarks and Patents
- Examples of some perfect products and what makes them so
- Mistakes to avoid when setting up your account
- Whether or not you should borrow money to start your business
- How to find the quantities of products sold
- Product research methods
- How to get the best out of ‘Jungle Scout’ – an Amazon research tool
- How to discover the best ‘bundle’ options to give you a competitive advantage
- How many products you should include in a set (and potentially compete against Amazon Basics)
There is loads more, including the exact process that Kevin used to find his first product that earned $11k per month, how to avoid making costly pricing mistakes, how to calculate Amazon fees, how to use Google trends and Google Keyword Planner to find what people are searching for and how to use CamelCamelCamel to find the BSR (best-seller ranking) of products.
In the next stage of the course, Kevin takes you through where to find UPC codes cost effectively, and the best way to go about purchasing and shipping including:
- Deciding on the size of your first product order
- How to source suppliers through Alibaba
- A manufacturers contact template and advice on how to get a quick response and good prices
- How to safeguard your supplier payments
- How to find the best suppliers, shipping companies, and lowest prices
- How to reduce the minimum order quantity
Also, there is advice on the actual shipping of the product from China to Amazon and also how to research products manufactured in the U.S. in case there may be an opportunity to source there and save shipping fees.
There are three key parts to module 3. Brand Registry (and the benefits) along with registering a trademark and how to format your listing properly.
It also includes deep dives into:
- Keeping the ‘buy box’ in your possession
- Creating a ‘canonical’ URL (it includes keywords)
- Optimizing images to improve CTR
- How to build organic keyword rank quicky
- The importance of creating a quality video for your listing
- How to 10x your conversions using ‘experiential’ copy bullets
- Creating a fully optimized listing from scratch
Also, he deals with how to handle hijackers! You can go to all of this effort and someone can actually hijack your listing. Additionally, he explains the best thing to do if you have done such a great job that your product sells out fast.
This module goes into detail of how to launch your product – a critical element to the Amazon FBA piece as Amazon likes to show the products that are getting the most sales ahead of the others. You will find details of:
- How to launch using giveaways and AMS (Amazon Marketing Services)
- How to avoid making mistakes when you offer discounts and giveaways (e.g. selling all your inventory and going broke!)
- More info on the detail of creating a video ad
- How to set the price and how to split test
- How to advertise on top of your best-selling competitor’s products
- A short demonstration of how he runs his Facebook ads and how you can find your target audience
Kevin also shares information about how to collect customers’ emails by including a relevant Ebook (e.g. one that shows how to get the best out of a product which could also increase conversions).
Also, aimed at getting more traffic and sales, he shares how to list your product on Clickbank (the biggest Affiliate Marketers site) which he has done successfully in the past too.
He shares how to do your product launch manually and also how you can have it done for you using a service that he offers called Viral Launch.
The focus of Module 5 is the very important topic of reviews. I don’t know about you, but I never buy anything from Amazon that has less than a 4-star review and I will read a good selection of them to make sure a product is going to suit my needs.
In this module, Kevin shares:
- How to increase product reviews using email follow up – this can produce approx 60% more reviews
- What sort of headlines to use for a high opening rate in these emails
- An explanation of Amazon Terms of Service and how to structure your emails so that you will not fall foul of these
- The difference between verified and unverified reviews
- How to use Facebook Review Groups properly to get reviews
- A recap of the launch video
In this module, Kevin shares his expertise in finding the right keywords for your PPC campaigns that is easy for you to copy. Other topics covered are:
- How to use AMS sponsored products ads, headline search ads, and product display to maximum effect
- More on PPC with a cheatsheet
- A walkthrough of finding the right keywords showing exactly what to do
- How to use the keywords in an automatic targeting campaign
- How to automatically outbid your competitors by 1c on PPC campaigns
- Finding common spelling errors and including them in your keywords to pick up extra sales
Kevin goes the extra mile in this module by sharing something he does to get extra value. He uses a rewards credit card to pay for everything and managed to get an almost free flight to Brazil! What a top tip!
This is where Kevin’s creativity as a marketer really comes to the fore as he shares insights that you are unlikely to find in any other Amazon FBA course, starting off with how to find an Instagram Influencer!
We tend to think of such people as being associated with fashion brands and the like, but there is no reason why you can’t tap into this strategy. In this module your will find:
- How to find an influencer to drive traffic, how to do your due diligence, and what you should expect to pay
- How to create a Facebook lookalike audience from your existing Amazon customer profile
- How to use Facebook ads to drive traffic to your product page the right way
- How to leverage Facebook Groups (and why Groups are more effective than pages)
- How to use a Messenger autoresponder to engage with visitors to your website
Additionally, there is a teach-in on how to set up a Clickfunnels sales funnel. There is an actual sales funnel included with the course which adds to its value. (Clickfunnels is not a cheap product but I believe gets really good results).
Some of the most important topics in this module are:
- How to get help from the best Amazon Support Centre Staff (with the best English!)
- How to find negative reviewers and attempt to rectify their issues
- How to protect your account from hackers with 2-step verification
- How to open multiple Amazon seller accounts in case your account is suspended
- How to get your account back after suspension
- How to use Virtual Assistants and for what functions
There is also a section on how to get reimbursed for stock damaged in the Amazon Warehouse and how to get your products featured in the ‘frequently brought together’ section.
Pros of the course
- It has been created by someone who has had huge success on Amazon FBA
- He has gone to pains to share all the steps that he took to make it work
- He has a Facebook Group where he appears live from time to time to answer questions – this is so valuable as there will be times on your journey when you need help. Also, group members share advice and encouragement
- Fantastic launch strategy
- There is A TON of content
- There is a 14-day money-back guarantee (but make sure to check the small print carefully before signing up for any course)
- There are lots of great hacks even if you are experienced in Amazon FBA
Cons of the course
- While there is lots of high-quality content, it is a bit all over the place. He could have sorted it so you could follow along step by step – you will need to be super-organized to sort this into the right order and make sure to follow each part. If you want to go back and study an element, it could be difficult to find.
- I’m not 100% sure that the content is up to date as Amazon Marketing Services seems to be known as Amazon Advertising now. However, Kevin says that you will always receive updated content with every change Amazon makes.
Could you find this content on YouTube?
Absolutely not. There is a great deal of in-depth content here, some of which will never feature anywhere else except a quality paid-for course. Sorry!
Should you buy this course?
If you are sure that Amazon FBA is the business for you, AND you don’t mind spending a bit of time putting the content in order, it really is an excellent course. Kevin’s knowledge and delivery is very, very good.
However, do your own research and make sure it is the course for you. As with any training, you need to be sure that you will follow the instructions to the letter – you can’t just do the bits your like and expect to get the results.
If you are interested in finding out more, check out Kevin’s webinar for yourself and make an informed decision. (I watched it again recently and nearly signed up lol!)
Why I decided against Amazon FBA
I loved the Amazon FBA business model but when I added up the costs of a course, purchase of the products and transportation, costs of Amazon Marketing Services, and Facebook ads etc, it would have put me in significant debt.
Could I have put it on a credit card? Yes, but at the end of the day, there are no guarantees. What if Amazon changes the rules? What if something dramatic happens in the market and my home run product is no longer popular?
(Kevin, by the way, says ‘Can you afford not to try?)
I know that to be successful you have to take risks but my gut told me it wasn’t for me (and it is usually right!).
What I did instead
Sometime after my Amazon FBA investigations, I stumbled across an Affiliate Marketing training platform. What I love about the Affiliate Marketing model is that there is no stock to buy, no transportation, no negotiating with suppliers, no customer service issues, seller fees, no debt to get stressed about, and I am in control as it is my own website. If you are interested in finding out more about my journey, please read my Wealthy Affiliate Review.
There is an online business model out there for everyone. Do your research, but once you find something you like, and are confident that the course creator has created it from their own success, take action!
Otherwise, years go by and your dream will remain just that.
Did you get started in an online business? I would love to hear about your journey in the comments below.
6 thoughts on “Amazon FBA Ninja Review 2021 – Is Kevin David The Real Deal?”
I must say going through your review (and your explanation of what FBA is) this actually seems like a great business model.
Admittedly, there is a steep learning curve if you have no experience in this sector, especially if you’re completely new to online marketing.
With that said, it certainly is a viable option.
Your breakdown of the individual modules shows that Kevin has covered just about every angle, but as you’ve mentioned this may seem a little overwhelming unless you structure your training correctly.
I love the use of Google Trends and CamelCamelCamel in order to find popular products and track prices, and once you’re aware of how to use these methods correctly you’ll definitely be one step ahead of the competition.
Admittedly, I’m not familiar with Kevin’s work, but you’ve intrigued me enough to spend an hour of two on YouTube to discover more about him.
However, I think just like yourself, when I take into consideration the overall costs including, the price of course, product purchases, etc. it’s a little out of my league.
But, as I say, the process is definitely workable and scalable, and I’m sure many people could create an extremely successful business from this.
Well done for reading thw whole review! (I said it was a long one!) I absolutely wanted to sign up again when I watched his webinar. It’s a great model for people who want to sell their own product but you can’t do it on a shoestring.
First of all, thanks for sharing your review of Amazon FBA Ninja course. I’ve seen a lot of FBA courses over the last few months and honestly, this is the first time I bump into David and his work. I did some research and bumped into this review. The course seems comprehensive, which is something I like to see. And the price is in range with competitors, although I feel it’s too expensive for a training course, but hey, who am I, right?
In any case, this was an excellent review and I’ve learned a lot from you. I also run an affiliate marketing business, which I have built via Wealthy Affiliate platform too! These guys are the best when it comes to making money online. Highly recommended!
Many thanks for your feedback – it is a lot of money but there are some out there for more than twice the price!
I am glad to hear that you are also a fan of affiliate marketing and WA!
I saw some of Kevin’s Youtube videos and it seemed to me that he knows what he is doing.
So, I believe his course should provide even more value. It’s most definitely a way to go for someone who is looking to do business on Amazon.
Thank you for sharing this review.
Thanks, Natalie. I must admit is still appeals to me. Who knows, I might look at this model again in the future. (Let’s face it, they are one of the businesses really benefiting from the current tricky climate.